Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS AND OUR ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
- Our Acceptable Use Policy is situated below, this sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
The term ‘Sound Advice Hearing’, ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our‘ refers to the owner of the website – Sound Advice Hearing Limited and is operated by Sound Advice Hearing Limited. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website. We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 10030345. Our registered office is at 22 High Street, Washingborough, Lincoln LN4 1BG.
This website also provides details of other companies and businesses in the Sound Advice Hearing Limited group. Our products and services may be provided by other members of our group of companies. Just so that you know this may include:
Sound Advice Hearing Horncastle Ltd, registered in England and Wales under company number 04925326. Registered office is 22 High Street, Washingborough, Lincoln LN4 1BG
Sound Advice Hearing Kings Lynn Ltd, registered in England and Wales under company number 07234131. Registered office is 22 High Street, Washingborough, Lincoln LN4 1BG
Sound Advice Hearing Langley Ltd, registered in England and Wales under company number 09994406. Registered office is 22 High Street, Washingborough, Lincoln LN4 1BG
Sound Advice Hearing Lincoln Ltd, registered in England and Wales under company number 09413473. Registered office is 22 High Street, Washingborough, Lincoln LN4 1BG
Sound Advice Hearing Norwich Ltd, registered in England and Wales under company number 08073080. Registered office is 22 High Street, Washingborough, Lincoln LN4 1BG
Sound Advice Hearing Peterborough Ltd, registered in England and Wales under company number 08823020. Registered office is 22 High Street, Washingborough, Lincoln LN4 1BG
Sound Advice Hearing Hull Ltd, registered in England and Wales under company number 08825779. Registered office is 22 High Street, Washingborough, Lincoln LN4 1BG
Sound Advice Hearing Nottingham Ltd, registered in England and Wales under company number 11282050. Registered office is 22 High Street, Washingborough, Lincoln LN4 1BG
Sound Advice Hearing Winchester Ltd, registered in England and Wales under company number 11281901. Registered office is 22 High Street, Washingborough, Lincoln LN4 1BG
Sound Advice Hearing Southport Ltd, registered in England and Wales under company number 11281859. Registered office is 22 High Street, Washingborough, Lincoln LN4 1BG
We are regulated by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) www.hcpc-uk.co.uk
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
We make no representations that the content of this site is appropriate for use in all locations. Those who access this site do so at their own risk and are responsible for complying with any applicable local laws or regulations.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. This material includes but is not limited to the design, layout, look, appearance, text, photographs, images, videos, sound, graphics and software. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Information on our site regarding hearing loss is general information and cannot substitute a consultation with a registered hearing care professional. We therefore encourage you to see a registered hearing care professional if you have a hearing loss.
Although we (or if applicable, any third parties) make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered for any particular purpose.
Your use of any information or materials on this site is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue, contracts, or data;
- business interruption, work stoppage or computer failure;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We disclaim any liability for any errors in or omissions from information, materials and functions included in the website materials.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Whenever you make use of a feature (whether this feature is current or may be introduced in the future) that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with our content standards in our Acceptable Use Policy below.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of the Site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in the next paragraph (Rights you licence).
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant the following licenses:
- A worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that content in connection with the services provided by our site and across different media and to promote the site or services; and
- A worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to allow third parties to use the content for their purposes.
We will only ever use your materials to carry out your instructions to us – unless, very exceptionally, a court or other regulator orders us to disclose them.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
You may link to our home page (only with prior agreement with ourselves beforehand), provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy below.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. These links are provided for your reference and convenience only and do not imply any endorsement of the activities of these third-party websites or any association with their operators. We do not support the external operator, its website or the products and/or services offered and sold by the operator in question.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and are not responsible for their data and privacy practices.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.soundadvicehearing.co.uk(our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use (above)
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We may revise our Terms & Conditions and our Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained above may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Thank you for visiting our site.